Neutral Grounding Resistor (NGR/NER)
Dry type Metallic resistors up to 36KV are manufactured for limiting Earth fault current ( system grounding ) in transformers and rotating equipments.
They are invariably rated for 5/10/30 Sec and it conforms to IEEE-32 Specification The enclosure may be for Indoor or Outdoor . Neutral grounding Transformer with Loading Resistor is also offered for certain special applications . As a package ,the NGR can be offered along with Dis connector, CT, Vacuum contactor, Relays housed in one compartment.
Resistive element may be of Punched / wire wound or cast Iron type. The resistive material may be Stainless steel (AISI 304/430) or Fechral (Cr / Al alloy)
We manufacture complete range of Neutral Earthing Equipments like Neutral Grounding Resistor (NGR) and Isolators(upto 66kv and 4000A). NGRs are used in AC Distribution Networks to restrict Earth Fault Current to a predetermined level. Resistance grounding to Transformer or Generator Neutral Star Point is the most effective and preferred method.
Both Cast Iron Grids and Rustless Punched Stainless Steel types are manufactured conforming to IEEE-32 and IEC specifications. Our short time rated resistors have been tested successfully by deploying Infrared Techniques at KEMA, Holland with the help of HEAT & FLOW DEPT OF PHILIPS HOLLAND.
- Rating : 10sec / 30sec / continuous
- Unique Supporting Arrangement
- Finish : Hot Dip Galvanized enclosure / powder or epoxy painting
- Primary & Secondary Insulation : Porecelain
- Enclosure: IP 21 / 23 / 33 suitable for outdoor applications
- Range: Upto 66KV & 4000A
- Compact and Robust design
- Totally Dry type
- Max. allowed temperature rise upto 760oC. Temperature rise can be restricted to any level as per Customer’s request.